Rain, rain, go away…
For most travelers, rain is the worst thing that can happen on a trip. It can ruin the lovely picnic, postpone the skydiving experience, or even put a damper on the overall mood of the trip. However, it doesn’t have to. I have come up with a list of things to do if it rains while you are travelling.
Before I start this list, here are basic precautions and tips:
– Check the weather before leaving
– If you find that it will rain a significant amount of time, make a list of things that you want to do if it stops raining. If there is only a limited sunshine, you want to utilize it!
– Make an itinerary that is versatile. Don’t get caught up in a checklist. Make the most out of every moment.
Twenty Random Things You Can Do if it is Raining:
1. Go to a movie or play.
2. Visit a museum.
3. Eat a long and fancy meal.
4. Eat a cheap meal, but stay awhile.
5. Stay in bed. (no shame)
6. Go shopping at a mall.
7. Write chapter one of a book.
8. Practice meditation.
9. Check out an art gallery.
10. Dinner in the dark.
11. Write about your trip so far.
12. Go to a coffee shop and people watch.
13. Meet locals.
14. Escape room.
15. Write postcards to friends.
16. Play in the rain.
17. Learn about the history of the place you are visiting.
18. Try something new…like yoga!
19. Clean and/or organize your things.
20. Get creative.
Don’t let a little rain ruin your trip. There is always something to do and places to see. If you do something that is not unique to the place you are visiting, it is okay. Enjoy each moment by making memories, not fulfilling an itinerary.